Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Amazon Sale off Hub Pages

I'm pretty pumped this morning! I logged into my Amazon Associates account last night by accident while I was shopping for some last minute Christmas gifts on Amazon and I found out that I actually made a sale off an article I wrote a couple of months ago promoting a baby product on Hub Pages. I made $2.76 in commission which is awesome! I know you might be thinking that this is nothing. But for me, a relative unbeliever about this whole affiliate marketing thing, it was a big step in the right direction.

To be honest, I was about to give up my freelance writing initiatives. I've read countless success stories online about how much people are making off of trying to do article marketing to sell items off Amazon or Clickbank. And I've tried over and over again to do this myself. But I've never actually made a sale. This gives me hope. This one sale makes me realize that I need to continue my efforts.

In this new year, I will be more consistent in my article marketing efforts. It can and does work. I just need to perfect my system. And I really, really want to start a WordPress blog. I think this is the key to big success. But I just can't come up with a good topic.

I'm going to spend next week researching. And then I'm just going to dive in and getting writing. I want (and need) the money!

Merry Christmas to everyone and good luck with all of your online money making endeavors in the new year!

No comments: